Friday, July 7, 2017

Teach me, please!

Friday, July 7, 2017 (6:07 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You! Thank You that no matter what is going on in our lives You are still blessed and holy.

Yes. Blessed, Holy God, I ask You to guide my thoughts and my learning right now. They tend to scatter. It's already hot outside. I didn't expect that. Turning in Your Word I am reminded of verses I have studied before.

Looking at notes from past church services I remember songs we have sung. Snippets of information. Messages of hope and proclamation. Teach me, please. Mm, yes. Teach me, please!

I am eager to learn. Eager to trust. Eager to obey.

And here's the verse I ask to live out this day. Psalm 143:10. “Teach me to do Your will [so that I may please You], For You are my God; Let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground” (Amplified Bible).

Mm, yes. Teach me. Please You. My God. Good Spirit. Lead me. Level ground.

Illustrated Bible Handbook describes, “Psalm 143. A cry for deliverance and guidance.”

The Life Recovery Bible footnote for verses 143:5-12 speaks of addiction, lost hope, deepening depression, Your help. At our very fingertips we have Your Truth offering us eternal hope. “As we spend time in prayer, His gracious Spirit will lead us forward and show us how to live.”

Mm, yes. Yes. Oh, yes! Gracious Spirit, lead us forward. Show us how to live. In You. By You. Through You. For You!

Blessed, Holy, Faithful Father God, how I thank You that Your love is perfect. Teach me to recognize it. Know it. Believe it. Trust it. Live it. Share it. Yes Father. Teach me, please! I love You. I thank You. Amen.

(289 words ~ 7:45 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment