Monday, February 1, 2016

"Thank You, God"

Monday, February 1, 2016 (7:40 a.m.)
Blessed God,

I came home from errands yesterday saying, “Thank You, God. Thank You, God. Thank You, God.” The plan was to come right straight here and continue offering You my most sincere praise. Just as I began the process, an offer of social activity was accepted. Here again I begin offering my most heartfelt, “Thank You, God.”

Thank You for friends. Family. Healing. Truth. Love. Hope. Thank You for the jazzy rendition of O Happy Day! performed by the guest musician in church yesterday. A soul tapping offering that immediately brought tears to my eyes.

Blessed God, thank You. Thank You for a different beat with which to sing familiar words. Happy day, happy day, When Jesus washed my sins away! He taught me to watch [fight] and pray And live rejoicing every day

Live rejoicing every day.” Father, I confess. I far too often forget to do exactly that. Looking to the verse (Isaiah 25:9) associated with this popular hymn has me reading the entire chapter. Blessed God, thank You for the Truth and hope that is found in loving, trusting and believing in You.

Holy God, do all You must that I would indeed live this day truly rejoicing. I love You. I long to serve You. And I most sincerely ask that You continue Your work in my heart, soul, mind and strength. I love You. Thank You, God. Amen.
(241 words ~ 8:41 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment