Sunday, February 28, 2016

blessed and holy

Sunday, February 28, 2014 (6:04 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You Father. Thank You that I can call You blessed and holy even when I don't actually know what that really means. Thank You that I get to come before You asking You to take me deeper into Your Word, exploring big thoughts.
(6:55 a.m.)
And the deeper I go, the more confused I become.

Holy God, how I ask You to help me keep things simple. Direct. I want to praise You. Learn more about how to do that. Along that same vein I long for others to be encouraged in loving, trusting and depending on You as well.

Thank You that in asking I am again led to Paul's letter “to strengthen the believers in Ephesus in their relationship with God and with each other” (The Life Recovery Bible THE BOTTOM LINE). In reading his Prayer for Spiritual Empowering (Ephesians 3:14-21) I also have the opportunity to explore an Illustrated Bible Handbook Theology in Brief entitled The Family of God.

Blessed and Holy God, while I may very well only be scratching the surface of understanding here, I am duly excited over what I am reading. I am eager to share [agog] phrases like: beautiful images; loving family, over which God is Father; quality of relationships; loved and supported by others who really care; see the church as people rather than an institution; Christ's incomprehensible love.

Thank You Father. Thank You that as I continue reading this brief theology, more illustrations are shown. “Christ's love, the greatest of all stimulants for growth, is communicated as Jesus loves us through one another.”

As I turn to another referred section of Scripture (Colossians 3:12-17) again my heart starts beating faster. I agree wholeheartedly! “Since God chose you to be the holy people whom He loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. You must make allowance for each other's faults and forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. And the most important piece of clothing you must wear is love. Love is what binds us all together in perfect harmony.”

Holy, blessed God, thank You for once again boggling my brain. There is SO very much that I do not know. Can't comprehend. Is over my head. Thank You that my job here is to trust. YOU! Believe. Love. Forgive.

Continue Your work in me Blessed God. I love You. And I long to do it better. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(425 words ~ 7:38 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment