Thursday, February 4, 2016

Romans 12:2

Thursday, February 4, 2016 (6:14 a.m.)
Awesome, Holy God,

I love You. How do we best proceed? I love You. You are good. And I'm confessing feeling tired. Downcast... And grateful. Grateful because Your Word tells me to “give thanks in all circumstances” (1 Thessalonians 5:18).

Thank You Father that this I can do only because I believe You to be good and that You know exactly what You are doing. That said I confess to not always remembering the preceding verse, “Keep on praying” (v. 17).

Even bigger than that is my own inability to adhere to the simplicity of verse sixteen. “Always be joyful.” The Truth of these verses do not come easily nor readily to me. You know my tendency to lean toward negative thoughts rather than positive.

This habit I bring to You this morning. I could spend hours [days really] grousing about my own perceived inadequacies. Instead I turn to Romans 12:2 (New Life Version). Here I ask You to do all You must in empowering me to readily 'let You change my life.' Truly I long to 'let You give me a new mind.'

“Then you will know what God wants you to do. And the things you do will be good and pleasing and perfect.” What would that even be like? Honestly, I want to know!

Yes, Father. My thinking may very well be twisted. Distorted. Filled with fear. But You are far bigger than any fear I can ever imagine. You are True. Just. Righteous. And I get to come before You gratefully thanking You for every single change You have made in me thus far.

Thank You God. Thank You God. Thank You that You love each of us so incredibly much. Do all You must that I would truly live this day in, with, by, through and for Your love. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.

(318 words ~ 7:41 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment