Wednesday, February 24, 2016

choosing life

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 (7:00 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You for sleep. Thank You for rest. Thank You for time to wake up considering You and singing songs that lead me right back To Your Word.

♫Holy Spirit, You Are Welcome Here, Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere. Your glory God is what our hearts long for To be overcome by Your presence, Lord

Thank You Father for the opportunity to come to You with our every single thought. Hope. Concern. Holy God, I confess to fearing again.

My mind tends to take off in directions that contain phrases like “what if...”, “what was”, “could be”, “should be”, “might”, “might not”. These are not helpful God glorifying uses of my thoughts.

Thank You Father, that Your Word interrupts and redirects my thinking. Humming Que Sera, Sera just earlier reminded me that “whatever will be will be” and “the future's not ours to see”. Considering the word 'whatever' my mind went immediately to Philippians 4:8.

“Whatsoever things are: true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things” (KJV).

Holy God whenever my mind's thinking gets interrupted by Your Word, I fall back to the Truth found in Deuteronomy 30:19. “Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, that you are your descendants might live!”

That's exactly what happens every single time my mind shifts from the trap of fearful thinking. Most blessed, holy God, only You are good. Only You provide the power and strength we need to live as You would have us live. Freely. Joyfully. Abundantly.

Father, You teach us continuously to choose life in, with, by, through and for You. You remind us to be strong in Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10), alert and persistent in prayer (v. 19), faithful even unto death (Revelation 2:10) and earnest and repentant (3:19).

It's only You that provides such hope. Back to the original song of the morning There's nothing worth more that will ever come close. No thing can compare, You're our living hope. Your presence, Lord. I've tasted and seen of the sweetest of loves Where my heart becomes free, and my shame is undone By Your presence, Lord. Let us become more aware of Your presence. Let us experience the glory of Your goodness.”

Holy God, there are so very many things in our day to day lives that I could choose to fear. Thank You that the Truth is YOU are all I am to fear!

Please continue reminding me what the Common English Bible tells us, “the peace of God that exceeds all understanding will keep your hearts and minds safe in Christ Jesus. From now on, brothers and sisters, if anything is excellent and if anything is admirable, focus your thoughts on these things: all that is true, all that is holy, all that is just, all that is pure, all that is lovely, and all that is worthy of praise” (Philippians 4:7-8).

I want Your peace. That is exactly why I am choosing life. In You! Continue Your work Blessed God. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(557 words ~ 8:48 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment