Tuesday, February 23, 2016

"Priceless Gain of Knowing Christ"

Monday, February 22, 2016 (6:37 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You for the creature comforts we so regularly take for granted. Thank You for all of the blessings You so readily provide. We are grateful. Truly grateful.

Blessed Father, I confess to not only taking Your blessings for granted but for coming to expect them as well. It seems so crass when I spell it out for You like that. How I ask You to work in me.

According to The Life Recovery Bible commentary for Philippians 3:4-11 the apostle “Paul made a detailed inventory of his past behaviors – including his religious activities – and found nothing worth holding on to. He threw out his past life and replaced it with his new life in Christ.”

Speaking to a woman with issues regarding letting go of things this section rings especially true. Illustrated Bible Handbook tells that Paul “has found a dynamic power for righteous living which comes through faith in Christ.”

It is that dynamic power I have experienced on occasion that keeps me returning to the foot of the cross. Asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7) for more.

How I truly thank You for the ready access of completing the partial verses of Scripture that come into my head as I pray out to You. “The apostle Paul counts it all...” (Philippians 3:8) and “Faith without action is dead” (James 2:17). These verses leading me to firmly depend on “The Priceless Gain of Knowing Christ”. Mm, priceless gain. Yes!

Blessed Father God, as I prepare to go out into a fairly busy day, I ask You to guide my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30). I long to love You as You would have me love. And my neighbors as myself (v. 31). Teach me how to fully live this day in and through Your Son's “dynamic power for righteous living”. Yes. Please.

I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.
(324 words ~ 7:43 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment