Thursday, February 25, 2016

little boys, big ouchies

Thursday, February 25, 2016 (6:35 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,
(7:09 a.m.)
Yes! Blessed Holy God,

You alone are good. Holy. Perfect. Awesome. Powerful. Loving. Wonderful. And we live in a fallen world where little boys get big ouchies and are hearts break and our eyes fill with tears.

Holy God, as I come to You this morning the keyboard is blurred by my tears. Tears of joy. Relief. Concern. Sadness. They're all in there. Thank You that so are You!

We are not left here in this world on our own (John 14:16; 26-27). We are not without hope. I confess to You right now that I do not know how to fully incorporate the power that is offered through Your Holy Spirit into my everyday being.

I pray. I quote Scriptures. I ask. And seek. And even knock. Yet still I falter. Waver. And begin all over again.

Yes, Father. Thank You for every single instance when You prompt us to turn again to You. Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises. The Bible is chock-full of reminders of Your love. Trustworthiness. Faithfulness. Power. Strength.

And may I just take a sidebar here to shout out an eager and excited “Thank You” for what initially appears to be, yet is not, a completely unrelated area! The word mnemonic. “Aiding or designed to aid the memory; of or relating to the power of memory”. Exciting stuff found here Blessed God. Truly exciting stuff!

And so it goes... I start out trusting You, wanting You and get sidetracked with other learning. Bring me back to the learning devices I need in order to stand firm (2 Thessalonians 2:15) in You. To allow my “roots to grow down into Him and draw up nourishment from Him” so I will “grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the Truth” I was taught. Letting our lives “overflow with thanksgiving for all He has done” (Colossians 2:7).

Holy, Blessed, Father God. I love You. I long to serve You. I desperately want to do it faithfully and well. Take the little boys of my heart and their great big ouchies and make them strong. In You. By You. With, through and for You! I love You Father. Thank You. Use us well this day I pray. Amen.

(380 words ~ 8:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment