Sunday, February 7, 2016

attentive

Sunday, February 7, 2016 (6:16 a.m.)
Holy God,

Good morning. Hi. Hello. I love You. So often I come before You and it's easy to get started in praise and adoration. Others, like this morning, I am mentally distracted.

Blessed Father, thank You that I even get to confess distractedness to You. And what would be the antonym to distracted? Attentive. Yes! God, I long to be attentive to You. Heedful. Thoughtful. Engrossed.

Mm, yes Father. Do all You must to bring my thoughts back around to You. You are good. You are holy. We are blessed to be considered Your children. And how I thank You for the examples You have provided us in Your Word of people who were attentive to You and Your leading.

Nehemiah (Chapter 1) is where I land this morning. Encouraged by the history. Commitment. Courage. The Life Recovery Bible describes Nehemiah's “organizational skills and leadership abilities”. He was willing to take risks and be honest with his emotions (Chapter 2).

The Recovery Profile for this “man of prayer and unshakable commitment” to You encourages us “to realize that no matter how often we fail, God is still waiting to lead us back to His way of life.” Mm. Your way of life!

Blessed Father God, how I truly thank You for leading me to paying attention to You. Your Word. The rebuilding that can take place in our lives when we turn to and depend on You. Such hope.

Use me this day, Dearest God. Exactly as You wish. I love You. I long to serve You. And I thank You. Really, truly thank You Father. Amen.

(274 words ~ 7:44 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment