Saturday, February 6, 2016

"Wow!" and "Thank You!"

Saturday, February 6, 2016 (7:14 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You for loving us so very much. Thank You that You would have us each love as You do. Thank You that You don't leave us to our own devices to figure out how to do it. Thank You that You gave us Your Word, as well as Your Son to teach us exactly that.

Wow! Can I just simply say, “Wow!” and expect that You know exactly what I'm talking about? The Life Recovery Bible's description of why the apostle John wrote of his experiences with Jesus. “To reveal Jesus as the Son of God and show that by faith in Him we can experience true love, forgiveness, and recovery.” Wow!

Wow! And thank You. Beginning with the very first verse of the book, “In the beginning the Word already existed. He was with God, and He was God” (John1:1). I confess to You right now, I have never fully “gotten” the significants of this powerful Truth.

I know it's something really big. And each time I come before It there's an excitement that truly stirs within. Thank You Father for the ways You teach us.

Thank You that You continue offering the snippets of Truth we need exactly as You know are needed to form the foundation on which we can stand to proclaim Your Truth. In choosing what to include in his writings John (20:30-31; The Voice) said, “Jesus performed many other wondrous signs that are not written in this book. These accounts are recorded so that you, too, might believe that Jesus is the Anointed, the liberating King, the Son of God, because believing grants you the life He came to share.”

Oh Hallelujah! Thank You. And Wow! I get to choose to believe that “Jesus Christ is Lord” and in so doing 'He will give me power to live' (v.31b; Worldwide English).

Blessed, Holy God, I do not pretend to understand the significants of this. But believe I do. Wholeheartedly. I watch You work. In amazement. I see relationships heal and grow only because of You. And again I say, “Wow!” and “Thank You!”

Use me this day as You wish. Grow me. Exactly as You wish. I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.
(380 words ~ 8:32 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment