Monday, February 29, 2016

extra day

Leap Day, Monday, February 29, 2016 (6:50 a.m.)

Impressive, Spectacular, Loving, Mighty God,

There are so many words for describing You and a whole extra day on which to explore them. Yet I still come back to “Holy”.

♫Holy, Holy, Holy! Lord God Almighty! Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee...

Father, I look to You. And immediately am overcome with emotion. Tears fill my eyes as I consider the words of this favored hymn. You are holy. Lord. God. Almighty. Merciful. Mighty. God in three Persons. Blessed Trinity.

Holy God, thank You that the referenced verse (Revelation 4:8b) describes You as “the One who always was, who is, and is still to come.” As I take this extra day to consider You and all You truly are, I ask You to guide my heart, my soul, my mind and my strength (Mark 12:30).

Lead me in loving You, and others (v. 31), as You command. Returning to the hymn of the morning, verse three reminds us that Only Thou art holy – there is none beside Thee, Perfect in pow'r, in love and purity

You are absolutely with Whom I long to spend this extra day. Work in me. Teach me. Do all You must in making me into the woman You would have me be. I love You Father. Happy Leap Day. I love You. Amen.

(233 words ~ 8:05 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment