Sunday, January 31, 2016

Blessed. Holy. God.

Sunday, January 31, 2016 (5:18 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

I am here confessing fear to You. Fear of the future. Fear of the unknown. Fear of all the what ifs that come across my consciousness. And along with that fear I also confess my faith in You to know exactly what all You are doing in every single aspect of our lives.

Blessed, Holy God. Yes. Thank You. Thank You for reminding me that You are truly blessed. You are indeed holy. And You are always God. Thank You Father. Yes, thank You.

Speak with me this morning about the courage I need for the next five minutes. I don't have to live in fear. I get to believe in a power greater than myself. I get to choose to live and laugh and love. Why? Because You love each and every single one of us.

Blessed Father, thank You. Thank You that I not only get to be this honest with You, I also have resources into Your Word. You provide reminders that You have given us the power of the Holy Spirit. We don't have to be afraid. We get to have faith and trust.
(8:23 a.m.)

And now, after at least an hour's more sleep, much reading about Your love casting out all fear (1 John 4:18), some online searching and finding (Courage: Fighting Fear With Fear) I sit with the broadest smile on my face and a deep sense of contentment in my heart. This whole week of avoiding You, my unwillingness to drop my guard and come before You has again led me further away from Your Truth.

Father, thank You! Thank You for being blessed. Holy. God. Thank You that You do not change. Not with circumstances. Not with hurt feelings. You are good. Blessed. Holy. Always. Thank You.

Thank You that I have the opportunity to sit here. Comfortably contemplating the Truth I am again finding in another reading of John 14. Holy God, You have never left us alone (v. 18). It is I who walks the other way. Not wanting to take the time. Refusing to lower the guard I've placed around myself.

Thank You that all I ever have to do is turn back to You. Thank You that You provide the willingness to again Turn my eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face And the things of earth will grow strangely dim In the light of His glory and grace

Thank You that dropping my guard allows me to rest fully in You remembering What a Friend We Have in Jesus There's such a huge difference in my being when I go about my day thinking You. On those days that I refuse to take time alone in Your presence I forget the power that comes from sitting quietly before You.

Thank You for reminding me Father. Thank You for loving me in spite of myself. Refresh, replenish my soul that I would truly go out in Your name and Your power to love and not be afraid. Guard and guide me as only You can do. I love You. I thank You. I am Yours. And I am grateful. Amen!

(534 words ~ 8:59 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment