Wednesday, February 17, 2016

God's Truth

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 (9:59 a.m.)
Holiest God,

Thank You! Thank You for Truth. YOUR Truth. THE Truth. Thank You that we get to practice It. Learn about It. Live It.

Blessed God, I truly don't even know what exactly this means. I do however know that we are better for It.

You so loved the world that You sent Your One and Only Son so that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but will have everlasting life (John 3:16). That's big stuff. Huge!

Thank You that even though I can barely begin to scratch the surface of understanding the magnitude of Your greatness still I get to live each day in Your presence. Surrounded by Your goodness and Your grace.

It is indeed Your grace which allows me time and time again to turn to You. Asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7). Thank You Father.

Thank You that the more I look into Your Word, the more I find. Thank You that this morning in seeking to learn more about Your Truth I again came across Psalm 86:11. Amplified Bible tells us, “Teach me Your way, O LORD, I will walk and live in Your Truth; Direct my heart to fear Your name [with awe-inspired reverence and submissive wonder].”

Awe-inspired reverence and submissive wonder. What would that look like? Oh, here it is according to the Easy-to-Read Version. “Help me make worshiping Your name the most important thing in my life.”

More important than TV and puzzles and dishes and lists and things? Yeah. And again I ask, what would that look like? Holiest, Loving-est Father I'd like to find out!

New International Reader's Version beginning with verse 10 and ending with 12. “You are great. You do wonderful things. You alone are God. LORD, teach me how You want me to live. Do this so that I will depend on You, my faithful God. Give me a heart that doesn't want anything more than to worship You. Lord my God, I will praise You with all my heart. I will bring glory to You forever.”

Mm, yes Father, make me a lover and liver of Your Truth. I love You. Amen.

(362 words ~ 11:42 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment