Tuesday, February 23, 2016

very early

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 (3:05 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

Good very early morning.
(7:18 a.m.)
And may I add, very tiring!

Blessed Father, thank You for the opportunity to come before You long before and then again after the sun had risen. Thank You that I get to read of very early morning events in Your Word. Probably most prominent is the very early Sunday morning when “the women went to the tomb, carrying the spices they had prepared” (Mark 16:2; Luke 24:1).

Today I am drawn to the very early morning when “Jesus got up and went to a place where He could be alone and pray” (Mark 1:35). The part of that I identify with is getting up very early and going to a place I can be alone and pray.

Where I diverge is in not being able to stay focused or awake. Jesus actually went out in the dark to a deserted, lonely spot and stayed there praying. Blessed Father, how I thank You for His example.

Thank You for the comment in The Life Recovery Bible of this section (1:35-39). “If Jesus, the Son of God, took time from His busy schedule to pray to His Father, how much more do we need to do so.” True that!

Continuing, “By placing a high priority on prayer, Jesus could persevere in His ministry and keep from burning out.” Most Dear and Blessed God, how I thank You for opportunities to come before You!

We who seek recovery for ourself and for others cannot get by without prayer. The busier the day ahead, the more we need to meditate on God's Word and pray for His strength and wisdom.” Mm. Yes, please. Your Word. Your strength. Your wisdom.

Holy God, thank You for calling us to You. Thank You for teaching us to depend solely on You. Thank You for the Truth of Your Word. Thank You for reminders to “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding” (Proverbs 3:5).

Guide me this day. My heart. My soul. My mind. My strength. Do in, with, by, through and for me all that You wish. I love You. I long to serve You. And I seek to do it well. Thank You for Your love and for Your sacrifice. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(395 words ~ 10:48 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment