Tuesday, March 1, 2016

true

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 (5:42 a.m.)
Gloriously Loving God,

Thank You! Thank You that Your love for us is SO big. Bigger, far greater, infinitely more immense than we could ever even begin to imagine.

Holiest God, I got a taste of that love last night. At an actual tenth birthday party for a forty year old loved one. It was love that was most easily seen by all in attendance. A mother's genuine love for her daughter. Sisters, nieces, off-spring, those related by marriage. Family.

Father, I am truly awed by the love and acceptance I experienced last night. So filled with wonder by it all that when I awoke just earlier that's where my focus fell. Blessed God, how I thank You for examples of Your love and faithfulness.

Upon awakening my heart was filled with concern over the struggling marriages of which I am aware. I immediately recognized those concerns as burdens and started singing them to You. Thank You Father.

Thank You that we are truly called to sing out our cares to You. I began by substituting all-inclusive words where necessary while pleading with You to Change our hearts, O God, Make them ever true. Change our hearts, O God, May we be like You. You are the Potter, we are the clay; Mold us and make us, This is what I pray. Change our hearts, O God (Psalm 51:10).

Holy God, thank You for Your godly woman of my early church going days who introduced me to this, her favorite Bible verse. Thank You for reminders of much loved ones.

Thank You too for the opportunity of identifying the burden I felt I was carrying and to immediately start singing to You about that as well. I cast all my cares upon You. I lay all of my burdens down at Your feet. And anytime that I don't know what to do, I will cast all my cares upon You A very simple song from our childrens' childhoods that still rings true for me today.

Checking the corresponding verse (Psalm 55:22) I am further encouraged. The Life Recovery Bible comment tells of David's anguish and betrayal of an old friend. “The solution for David, and for us, is to give our burdens to God. He is able to strengthen us, encourage us, and keep us from falling.”

Thank You most dear and holy Father. Thank You for yet another song that reminds me, Anxiety in the heart of a man brings it down Looking into the verse of its origin (Proverbs 12:25) finishes the Truth. “But a good word makes it glad.”

You make us glad. See? Even right there. Another song! He has made me glad, He has made me glad, I will rejoice for He has made me glad, glad, glad

And would You just look at this? Now I am even more excited! Yesterday in the very midst of the heaviness my breaking heart was feeling I asked You for a song to fill my soul. This is the day, this is the day that the Lord has made, that the Lord has made; We will rejoice, we will rejoice and be glad in it. This is the day that the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it. This is the day, this is the day that the Lord has made came immediately out of my heart, soul and lips.

Every single verse I look up leads to yet another Truth. You are so good. So faithful. So. Loving. Kind. All knowing. All powerful. And I look to You Father. With all of my cares. Hopes. Dreams. Wants. Needs. YOU are Who makes us glad!

Thank You for the songs in my heart. The praises on my lips. While the hurts and the fears are still here, standing on Your Word of Truth holds them at bay.

Having the opportunity of coming before You singing I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart; I will enter His courts with praise. I will say, “This is the day that the Lord has made!” I will rejoice for He has made me glad gives me the strength and courage to face the challenges of every day.

Thank You Father. Thank You for Your love. Your Word. Your Truth. And for all the songs that are based on them. Thank You Father. Praise You.

Provide my every need this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(750 words ~ 7:06 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment