Friday, July 31, 2015

rightful

Friday, July 31, 2015 (7:41 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You. Another hiccup. Some hurt feelings. And then of course, my own pride. What can You do with me, Father?

I felt it as it happened. Recognized my own snarkiness. Genuinely wanted to do it all differently. Yet there I was. Pouting. Sulking. Stewing. With thoughts of lashing out.

Thank You that I chose instead to laugh. Not at the problem. Or the person. No. I turned to comedy. Got my mind off myself for awhile.

Thank You that even though I still held somewhat tightly to my own “rightful” indignation, I relaxed enough not to choke on it. Father, You have taught me better. Yes. Indeed I do know better.

Teach me this morning what You would have me learn about rightfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment