Friday, July 10, 2015

wakeful

Thursday, July 9, 2015 (6:25 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You that my first wakeful thought was to pray for a friend this morning. Thank You that in so doing I immediately started singing, Blessed Be The Name of The Lord

Blessed Father, talk with me this morning about what it is that we experience in being blessed by You. This morning's song continues He is worthy to be praised and adored So we lift up holy hands in one accord Singing blessed be the name Blessed be the name Blessed be the name of the Lord

Mm, yes! What would it be like to turn to You in all occasions? Knowing, believing, fully trusting You to have our backs? Here I speak for myself. I am again becoming hyper-vigilant. Always on the lookout for the next upheaval. Anticipating one thing after another to go wrong.

This is not the way I believe You to want us living out our days here. Where is the love? The joy? The peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23a)?

Jesus called us to live in Him (John 15:4). How do I do that? Blessed Lord and Father, how do I get out of my self-imposed prison of thinking I am who needs to protect myself? And allow You to be the good God that You are?

As we can clearly see, I have far more questions than answers this morning. Ah, but the answers that speak most clearly of all are found in Your Word. Trust. Hope. Have faith.

Hmm. Indeed. Your Word, Your Truth promises us rest (Hebrews 4:1-3). I get to choose. In every single circumstance. I can drop my guard and allow You to act on my behalf. Or I can continue spinning my wheels and going nowhere.

Blessed Father, how I ask You to intervene. Do all You must in me, by me, for me, with me, through me to grow me into the woman You would have me be. Fruitful. Loving. Kind. Joyful. Yours!

I love You, Father. I pray for my friend this morning. Turn her challenges into triumphs. Work Your will into her circumstances that she and her entire family would be immensely blessed by Your presence.

You are our Rock (Psalm 62:2). Our very place of safety (v. 8). Thank You for reminding me yet again that My life is in You, Lord. My strength is in You, Lord. My hope is in You, Lord. In You, it's in You...

And as I go into this day how I pray, asking (Matthew 7:7) that You would empower and enable us to live it according to Your will and Your way.

Truly hear my prayer as I sing I will praise You with all of my life. I will praise You with all of my strength. With all of my life, with all of my strength All my hope is in You

Yes Blessed Father, let us live this day in You! All else aside; be glorified by the decisions we make, the words that we speak. We love You Blessed Father. Let it show for the whole world to see. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(532 words ~ 7:56 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment