Wednesday, July 29, 2015

just like the weather

Sunday, July 19, 2015 (7:30 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

How I thank You. Praise You. Bless You. Want You. Need You.

My face has a smile. I noticed my emotions feeling cloudy. And immediately thought, “just like the weather.”

Blessed God, thank You. Thank You that I get to think. And feel. Hope. And care. So often I believe that I am supposed to control those thoughts and feelings. I work hard at it. Trying desperately to change them.

What an interesting idea it is for me to imagine myself allowing emotions to be just what they are. Fleeting. Ever changing. Uncontrollable. I'm used to judging them. And myself for having them.

What would it be like, just for today, to readily accept every emotion that comes my way. Just like the weather. I can't change it. But I do have the good sense to take cover when necessary.

Father, thank You!!!

I get to turn to Ezekiel 34:11-12 and read Your encouraging words to Your prophet. “For this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I myself will search and find my sheep. I will be like a shepherd looking for his scattered flock. I will find my sheep and rescue them from all the places to which they were scattered on that dark and cloudy day.”

Cloudy. Just like the weather. Thank You Father that I get to trust You to be my Shepherd. One who will not only look, but will find me exactly where I am.

I love You. I trust You. Use me to Your good and to Your glory. Thank You Father. Amen.
(267 words ~ 9:56 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment