Wednesday, July 1, 2015

even better

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 (6:43 a.m.)
Blessed God,

I love You. It's me I'm having trouble with. I keep “flying off the handle”.

Thank You that I have such easy access to even finding out what that phrase references. “To lose one's temper.” Oh, but this just got even better!

The origin is American and it “alludes to the uncontrolled way a loose axe-head flies off from its handle”. Meaning? “Lose self control.”

Isn't self-control a fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:23)? Yes. It's one of the first Bible phrases [The Living Bible] I was able to learn, some 30 years ago.

“But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives He will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control; and here there is no conflict with Jewish laws.”

It absolutely seems that recently circumstances have been controlling my life. Things seemingly go “my” way and all is well. Let something unplanned come along and Bam! There goes the axe head.

Father God, thank You for redirecting my thoughts this morning. Coming to You is SUCH a good idea. Thank You for affording me this opportunity.

I am asking (Matthew 7:7) You to keep an especially close watch on me today. I get to sit here reading much about satan being a defeated enemy. Teach me to use the powerful weapons You have provided for use in our encounters with him.

Again I say, I love You. Thank You for including me as one of Your own. Reading further in Your Word, New Century Version says, “We know that those who are God's children do not continue to sin. The Son of God keeps them safe and the evil one cannot touch them” (1 John 5:18). Make that so in my life.

I truly feel tossed around by discord and dissonance these days. Take back the control I continue attempting to wrestle from Your hands. I want very much to allow the Holy Spirit to control my actions and reactions. Empower, embolden, enable me to bring You praises. Let my words, responses, behaviors be music to Your ears.

I love You Father. Grow me in Your Way this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(375 words ~ 8:17 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment