Friday, July 10, 2015

perfect love

Friday, July 10, 2015 (7:16 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

Thank You that Your love for us is not based on our deserving it. Thank You that You are good. You are holy. You are love (1 John 4:8; 16).

What does it mean that You are love?

There are many out of the ordinary things taking place today. Events we've been planning. I's we've been dotting and t's we've been crossing. All leading up to another adventure.

With all the details to look at Father how I ask that we not forget You in the process. I confess to having taken a backseat to caring lately. It's too risky. I might get my feelings hurt again.

But living each day in a shell of failed attempts of keeping myself safe from attacks is not really living. It's definitely not loving. It's all based on fear. And Your Word tell us straight out, “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love” (1 John 4:18).

Here again. A really nice concept. One of which I have little comprehension.

Thank You that I get to keep coming before You with wonders and doubts. Thank You that in so doing they often turn into praises and worship.

Father, I truly love You. With the flawed love of an imperfect person. Thank You that You in turn love each of us with Your perfect love. That perfect love which casts out all fear.

The Message says, “God is love. When we take up permanent residence in a life of love, we live in God and God lives in us.This way, love has the run of the house, becomes at home and mature in us, so that we're free of worry on Judgment Day – our standing in the world is identical with Christ's. There is no room in love for fear. Well-formed love banishes fear. Since fear is crippling, a fearful life – fear of death, fear of judgment – is one not yet fully formed in love.”

I sit here nodding my head. Absolutely wanting to live my life FREE of crippling fear. I confess Bless Father, I don't know how to do that. I turn to You. I trust in You. I ask You to do all I am unable and unwilling to do to allow Your perfect love to have run of this home.

You are good. You are holy. You are love. Perfect love. And I want desperately to love as You would have me love. Make it so Blessed Dad. Make it so.

I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(450 words ~ 8:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment