Sunday, July 19, 2015

NEW

Sunday, July 12, 2015 (6:43 a.m. MT)
Albuquerque, NM
Awesome God,

Thank You. We had an enjoyable experience on the train yesterday. Meeting new people. Offering words of encouragement to a new university student.

New. Blessed Father, talk to me this morning about all things being new. The very search of the word brings tears to my eyes and a quickening to my heart.

I thought I had the verse for sure – Ezekiel 36:26 [new heart/new spirit]. But still, I kept looking. My mind can't even begin to process all the NEW that is promised us.

There's “a new heaven and a new earth” (Revelation 21:1) seen by the apostle John in his exile on the island of Patmos. I read Your Word and hope rushes toward me. I look away and the doubts just as quickly attempt to take over.

Father, I love You. I trust You. I look to You, believing all Your Word says to be true. I am asking You to get me out of my head.

I read and I am heartened. I think and all I believe gets scrambled. I say I trust You because it reminds me to do exactly that.

You are changing me. I stand around watching as You make gentle [and sometimes not so gentle] shifts in my thinking. Things that used to matter, don't as much. Some of this is good. Really good. And others? HARD!

Thank You again Father for Your Word. Your teachings. Your promises. All that we are shown allowing us to hope in Your making things new (Revelation 21:5).

Thank You for the songs that spring to mind and heart as I continue reading. And hoping. It's a new day. It's a new time...

There is SO much hope found in Your Word! Truly, I long to live as though I believe all You have said and taught through the ages.

Do all You must to make it so. Continue Your much needed work in making me new. [Psalm 51:7, 10]. I love You Father. Thank You for calling me to be Your child. Use me as You wish. I love You. Amen.

(363 words ~ 7:55 a.m. MT)


No comments:

Post a Comment