Wednesday, July 29, 2015

change of plans

Saturday, July 25, 2015 (7:25 a.m.)
Blessed, Awesome God,

Thank You! We had a change of plans yesterday. A long awaited appointment was surprisingly cancelled at the last minute and I didn't explode. I could have. I thought about it.

Instead I asked You to “grant me the grace to accept with serenity that which I could not change”. And You did. Not only by settling my disappointment, but by reminding me again of what a gift Your grace really is to us.

I asked for grace from another the other day. Circumstances had rapidly gone from bad to worse. Feelings were hurt. Misunderstandings had become heated. And in near desperation, I blurted out my request to be granted some grace.

Mistakes had been made. Sawdust couldn't be resawn. All the confessions of wrong doing fell on deaf ears. And the moment of requested grace, Your genuine peace settled among us.

Thank You God. Thank You that You are our God of grace. Your Word begins (Genesis 6:8-10) and ends (Revelation 21:10-27) with references of the grace You have available to us. Thank You that throughout Its entirety we are shown evidences of Your unmerited favor.

We've done nothing to deserve Your steadfast lovingkindness. Yet You offer it repeatedly. Thank You. Teach me to follow Your example.

Remind me to seek Your “grace in accept[ing] with serenity the things that cannot be changed, Courage to change the things which should be changed, and the Wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.”

Truly Father, I long to live “one day at a time, Enjoying one moment at a time, Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace, Taking, as Jesus did, This sinful world as it is, Not as I would have it, Trusting that You will make all things right, If I surrender to Your will, So that I may be reasonably happy in this life, And supremely happy with You forever in the next.”

Yes Father, empower and enable me to relish [enjoy, delight in] any change of plans that may come my way this day. I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.

(354 words ~ 9:33 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment