Thursday, July 30, 2015

Psalm 27:14

Thursday, July 30, 2015 (6:55 a.m.)
Blessed, Loving God,

Thank You for rest. Thank You for the privilege of coming into Your presence. Thank You for all You are and want us to be.

Blessed Father, I sit here thinking. Wondering. And now asking. How best can I use the time You have allotted me?

I believe myself to be good at waiting. I want very much to learn to wait for You. Psalm 27:14 says, “Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD.”

Wait. [check]. Patiently. [check, check]. Be brave? And courageous? Now You're asking something of me.

Most Blessed God, I read the various transcriptions of this verse and see words like hope and trust and rely. Even while I'm thinking I do a fairly good job at waiting for and trusting in You, I must be honest and confess it comes in phases.

My go to reaction in most things is still fear. Fear of judgment. Of the unknown. Of what disasters may [or may NOT] come. Thank You that we have You to depend on. To wait for. To expect. To stay with. Look unto.

Holy God, I love You. I love that I get to sit here and contemplate all that You would have me become. Walk me through each step. Take me exactly where You would have me go. Doing precisely that which You would have me do. Sharing. Caring. Being real. Honest. Loving. Kind.

Live in me, oh Lord. That I would be brave and courageous. I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(267 words ~ 7:42 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment