Friday, July 3, 2015

gusto

Friday, July 3, 2015 (6:11 a.m.)
Awesome God,

I laughed yesterday. A real, true, unexpected, heartfelt laugh. And it helped me realize what a long time it's been since I've laughed that freely. Explosively. And deeply.

See? Even that's funny, since I was underwater at the time!

Father, thank You for the opportunity to laugh with such gusto. And see there? Even the word gusto is the antonym for apathy and distaste.

Originating in early 17th century Italian, coming from the Latin word gustus, meaning 'taste.'

And may I just say, “WOW!” Really, truly, deeply and with great gusto, “WOW!” I thought I was coming here to talk with You about my innate need to laugh more. Not!

What I absolutely need is to feast on Your Word. And every single time I start, there's just so many more verses to partake!

I thought Deuteronomy 8:3 was it. The people of Israel were called to remember Your care of them during their forty years in the wilderness with You. They were reminded of the manna You provided them. “He did it to teach you that people need more than bread for their life; real life comes by feeding on every word of the LORD.”

Oh, but then I read over in Jeremiah 15:16, “Your words are what sustain me. They bring me great joy and are my heart's delight, for I bear Your name O LORD God Almighty.”

As I prepare to go out and start the day, I ask You (Matthew 7:7) to take all the things I think I need [more laughter for one] and replace them with what You know is best. I need YOU! That is paramount! From there, You figure it out. Apprise me as necessary.

I love You. I long to serve You. Glorify and enjoy You forever. Whatever that looks like according to Your will and Your way.

Thank You for a genuine gift of laughter yesterday. Grant me another glimpse of [Your] goodness today, I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(340 words ~ 7:41 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment