Wednesday, July 29, 2015

different dynamic

Sunday, July 26, 2015 (6:36 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,

Thank You. You blessed us with good weather, warm water and fun families yesterday. I confess, I often take those for granted. Thank You for the giant spotlight You seem to be shining on things I may have stopped noticing.

In a bit of a rush this morning, I ask You to tune me in to being more aware. Alert. Attentive. I noticed some things in the water yesterday that I had possibly forgotten. Or perhaps had never known. With a dive belt and added weights my body behaved differently than usual.

“Sank like a rock” comes to mind. Having to work really hard to do the things my own body type normally does with great ease. Playing around with the different dynamic allowed me the freedom to explore and truly embrace something entirely new to me.

Thank You Father. Thank You for the opportunity to safely experiment with breath holding, gliding, gentle pushes and full out swimming. Thank You for the added dimension of identifying so personally with the struggles others can face while in the water.

Needing to adjust old patterns to accommodate new circumstances is a skill I request from You. Instead of struggling and working harder yesterday, I learned to move slower, rest more and truly enjoy the experience.

Yes Father, take my experiment of yesterday and remind me to fully embrace whatever change or challenge that may come my way today. I love You so very much. I ask that You make that obvious in my choices this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(270 words ~ 7:30 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment