Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The Gideons

Thursday, July 16, 2015 (10:45 a.m. MT)
Albuquerque, NM
Mm Blessed God,

Let me start with, “Sad”. It just hit. Out of seemingly nowhere. I bring it to You.

A big smile as I started to say, “I don't want it.” How many times do I try to give things back to You? Talk with me this morning about what You want me to do with all the opportunities You provide us.

♫I don't want to miss a thing I really don't Blessed Dad! You bless us continuously. I only have to look around to see all You provide. What I truly long to know is ~ how would You best have us share and use it all?

Proverbs 19:2 tells me, “Zeal without knowledge is not good; a person who moves too quickly may go the wrong way.” I look to You Holy God. Asking YOUR discretion. Your leading.

Peace is replacing the sadness as I turn in the New King James Version with a huge question mark over my head. “Also it is not good for a soul to be without knowledge, and he sins who hastens with his feet.” What does this even mean?

BUT the peace is coming from the fact that The Gideons placed this Bible in this room for people just like me. Travelers feeling sad. Empty. Lost.

Countless souls have been saved due to the commitment of the businessmen who originally got together to share their devotions and decided to do something for others.

They listed meaningful sections of Scripture to HELP IN TIME OF NEED. They have SUGGESTED READINGS for HISTORICAL HIGHLIGHTS, SPIRITUAL STANDARDS, DYNAMIC DOCTRINES, and PRACTICAL PRECEPTS.

Father God, how I thank You for people who care selflessly for others. Care enough to share WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT many topics.

Today I turn to Christian Home Relationships Ephesians 5:22-6:4 Page 1148. What a call! My own understanding of it changed our marriage twenty-two years ago. I'm asking You Father to work in us again. Mightily!

Teach us what it is to truly love and respect one another as the apostle Paul deemed necessary all those years ago.

I have no answers this morning. No giant plans of how we can get back on track of loving YOU with all our hearts, soul, minds and strength (Mark 12:30) and our neighbors [each other] as ourself (v. 31).

Again I turn to Matthew 7:7 asking that it be given to me, seeking that I will find, knocking that the door would be opened. Jesus said, “For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds and to him who knocks, it will be opened” (v. 8).

I'm doing just that. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. Hoping. Praying. Trusting. Wanting. Smiling. And asking some more.

Use us Father. Exactly as You wish. We love You. We long to serve You. Teach me how. Show me how to treat my husband more respectfully, that he will in turn love me “just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her... loving me and himself” (Ephesians 5:25-28).

This is seriously heavy stuff. To which I add only, “Make it so Blessed God. Make it so.” We love You. Teach us to honor You as well. Thank You. Amen.

(548 words ~ 11:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment