Thursday, July 2, 2015

in all things

Thursday, July 2, 2015 (6:42 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

Thank You. Alleluia.

Speak to me please.

Why is it so easy, natural even, to give You the glory when emotions are running smooth?

Praise the Lord? No problem. Provided... I FEEL like it. That's not what Your Word commands.

Paul told the believers in Thessalonica to “Always be joyful. Keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus” (1 Thessalonians 5: 14-18 The Living Bible).

That's a tall order. One I cannot possibly carry out on my own. I believe that's why You sent Your Holy Spirit. To live in each of us. Guiding us. Directing us.

So, why is it then that I growl so much? Instead of praising You and giving thanks in all things, I gripe. I continue wanting everything to be according to my liking.

I still try to figure out end results, working desperately hard to get us there. How do I learn to simply let go and let You be the God You are.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to hear a loved one retell an incredible experience. We were both in the moment. Excited. Adrenalin pumped. Truly agog.

Hmm... here I stop and again ask You (Matthew 7:7) to continue teaching me to keep looking for the glimpses of Your glory. I forget. I become sidetracked.

You are good. Your Way is best. There are always going to be circumstances that upset my apple cart. Teach me to sing out Your praises especially loud during those times.

I haven't been liking my attitude. I've become surly. Unpleasant. Moody. For the longest time. You are far too good for me to continue behaving this way.

Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me that I would come to reflect You so much better than I have recently.

Father God, I love You. Truly I do. Counter the times I say, “I don't care. It doesn't matter” with “God does!”

You DO care! You DO matter! Take me far away from bitterness and resentment. Bring me back to loving and kind. Peaceful and patient.

I love You. I long to represent You well. Guide and direct me to this end. That I would truly give You the glory and honor You so rightly deserve.

I love You Father. And I desperately want to give You thanks in all things. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(409 words ~ 8:01 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment