Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Truth.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 (5:57 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You. You are good. And we are grateful. You never leave us alone. Circumstances change. Personalities get in our way. But You remain True. Thank You that it is in Your Truth we can trust.

Father, today I am turning to Psalm 25:5 asking that You would work Your Truth into every fiber of my being. I pout. I waste. I respond to things because of a lifetime of conditioning. Just because I've always done things a certain way doesn't make it right. I know that.

Coming to You. Asking You. Seeking You. Your will. Your way. Those are what I long to have my “go to” reactions be. I still battle the knee-jerk reflex of feeling hurt and wanting to hurt harder. Your Truth, Your Word teaches us better.

Holiest, Holiest God. It IS in You I trust! I read David's words, thinking of them as my own. The Expanded Bible for Psalm 25:5 says, “Guide [Lead] me in Your Truth, and teach me, my God, my Savior [Helper; Victor]. I trust [hope in; wait on] You all day long.”

Two separate comments in The Life Recovery Bible for verses 1-7 and 8-10 talk about placing our faith in You. Trusting You “to care for us and help us overcome the things in our life that would destroy us.” We are to ask You to show us how to live according to Your Truth.

We are called to remember, “Because of His great love and compassion, He will forgive our past sins when we ask Him to.” It goes on to remind us that “it is also important for us to forgive others who have harmed us. As we forgive others, we can release our anger and focus on our own recovery.”

Blessed Father, I waste a LOT of energy being angry. You know how best for me to channel Your love. Your Truth. The faith and hope we have in You.

This is where the next comment (25:8-10) rings true. “We need to let God change us, yet we cannot expect Him to work His transformation in our life if we are still proud and unwilling to admit that we are helpless apart from Him.”

I read Your Word. I truly experience such hope. How I ask You to lead and guide me into LIVING the Truth, faith, hope and love that You provide us.

I love You so VERY much! Use me as You would this day. Allow me to be the woman You would have me be. Thank You Daddy God. I love You. Amen.
(439 words ~ 7:18 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment