Thursday, March 1, 2012

synonymous

Thursday, March 1, 2012 (7:12 a.m.)

Awesome Father,

Glad. Happy. Joy. Laughter. These are just a few of the words that have come to mind so far this morning. Thank You.

I thought I was going to have to think long and hard before being able to be glad. Not so. I am glad in You.

Goodsearching “be glad in Christ” brought me a treasure trove of delight. Oh look. Another synonym of what I am to be.

Blessed Father God, in looking around and reading in Your Word the confirmations keep coming. While I don’t necessarily always feel glad, truly I am.

Today [as always J] I am blessed by the studying of Your Word. Reading Psalm 32 in various translations, I find the same sentiment expressed in a number of ways. And in doing this, I find myself pleased.

There are so many different ways to express the same truth. The Bible Handbook describes Psalm 32 as, “Confession of sin, and God’s subsequent forgiveness, brings joy.” Work in me in this department I pray. I confess right now that I’m never quite sure what all needs to be confessed. Not only to You, but to others as well.

Father God, I love You. I am so incredibly grateful for the opportunity to spend time with You. I truly desire to be the woman You created me to be. One who is truly glad in You (v.11).

Blessed. Happy. Fortunate. Joyful. Each word synonymous with what You command of us.

From the first verse of Psalm 32 to the last, it is spelled out what we are to do and to be. “How happy he is whose wrong-doing is forgiven, and whose sin is covered!” “Be glad in the Lord and be full of joy, you who are right with God! Sing for joy all you who are pure in heart!”

Blessed Jesus, only You can make my heart pure. Only You can forgive my wrong-doings and cover my sins. Point them out to me that I would confess them to You and be forgiven. You are so good and I am so eager to be blessed. Happy. Fortunate. Joyful. Glad. Yes. Glad in You and full of joy.

Thank You for Your grace, love and dedication to each of us. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(390 words ~ 8:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment