Saturday, March 10, 2012

provision (again)

Saturday, March 10, 2012 (6:21 a.m.)

Wonderfully Awesome, Incredible God,

Thank You for the God You are. Thank You that You know our every need. Thank You for Your every provision.

(7:16 a.m.)

Take just now for instance. I thought I was so incredibly clever for equating “pro” with ‘before’ and “vision” with ‘to see’. Yes. Clever. Until I inserted “provision” in the search bubble of the blog. NOT my first rodeo with this word!

Thank You Lord that even with all the thoughts rattling around inside, You provided glimpses into the past few years and my thinking [as well as major events] along the way.

Thank You Father that You are so very good at providing our every need. The Hebrews experienced it every day in the desert. Joseph lived it throughout his lifetime. You don’t change. You provide. It’s what You do. And I thank You and am glad for it.

Guide me Dearest God to the verse [or verses J] that You would most have me reflect upon this day. Matthew 6:30-33 in The Message it is!

I sit here smiling and shaking my head ever AGOG [from Old French en gogues, from en ‘in’ + the plural of gogue ‘fun.’] with how much You amaze me.

The thoughts I have one day [or most of a sleepless night] spelled out for me in Your Word the very next morning. YOUR morning where Your mercies fall afresh everyday (Lamentations 3:22-24).

Most Blessed Father God, how I thank You that through the Truth of Your Word and the revisiting of the Serenity Prayer I am again reminded of Your wonderfully perfect provision!

“If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers – most of which are never even seen – don’t you think He’ll attend to you, take pride in you, do His best for you? [here’s another smile and shake of my head in the sheer anticipation of such provision! J] What I’m trying to do here is get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God’s giving.” Hmm, there’s a thought!

“People who don’t know God and the way He works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how He works.” Well, yeah, kinda…

“Steep your life in God-reality, [now THAT’s worth doing!!] God-initiative, God provisions. Don’t worry about missing out. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.”

Father, bless You. THANK YOU! In taking the time to again look up the word AGOG in an actual dictionary I read even more descriptive words. “[… gogue, joke, joyfulness] in a state of eager anticipation, excitement, or interest.” I had come to think of it as ‘eager to tell’. How awesome to think of myself as being “in joyfulness” [or joke J] with You. Thank You. Thank You. THANK YOU!

I DO get so very excited when I read Your Truth. The Bible Handbook says this about this section of Matthew, “God, a loving Father, meets the daily needs of His children. Freed from the need to constantly worry about the material, Jesus followers can put God first and live each day for Him.” Mm, yes Lord! Let me live THIS day for You. This day You have provided for which I am to rejoice and be glad (Psalm 118:24).

The serenity prayer devotional for this section of Matthew reminds me that, “It is easy to slip back into worrying about tomorrow, dwelling on ‘what ifs’ and ‘if onlys’. Each day brings with it a host of things we cannot change.” Father I confess to falling right straight back into this trap.

Thank You that because of Your perfect provision I get “to ask at every turn in life, ‘Am I accepting this present moment, or am I pretending – trying to escape into the past or the future?’” I get to “choose to find joy, strength, and sanity” by ACCEPTING today’s realities.

Yes Father, God help me choose to accept Your provision for today’s reality. I love You. I want to be truly AGOG with all You provide. Thank You. Amen.

(690 words ~ 10:35 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment