Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"be glad"

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 (8:21 a.m.)

Blessed Father,

I’ve been thinking it, but I haven’t meant it yet. “I will be glad”. So far, I’ve felt tired and sore and even remiss. Since glad hasn’t happened on it’s own, I think I must ask for Your help.

In the past I may have just considered the circumstances and taken a pass. Today I am asking You to make me very aware of the things for which You would have me be glad.

(8:54 a.m.)

And once again, I ask and You answer! Thank You Father. Thank You for the willingness to come straight to You with my ungrateful attitude. Thank You that even though I thought I was supposed to be grateful for an ‘extra’ day this year, this month, it’s YOU for which I am truly grateful!

Psalm 64 in The Message starts out right where I was. “Listen and help, O God. I’m reduced to a whine And a whimper, obsessed with feelings of doomsday” (v.1). How did I come to this? By Biblegateway searching “be glad”.

The Bible Handbook lists this particular psalm as “a prayer for protection from conspiracy”. That is exactly what the negative thoughts I think do to me. “They shoot from ambush, shoot without warning, not caring who they hit. They keep fit doing calisthenics of evil purpose, They keep lists of the traps they’ve secretly set” (vs. 4, 5).

But look at this! THIS is where I find strength to meet the day. “The God of the Arrow shoots! They double up in pain, Fall flat on their faces in full view of the grinning crowd. Everyone sees it. God’s work is the talk of the town. Be glad, good people! Fly to God! Good-hearted people, make praise your habit” (7-10).

Right here, when I couldn’t praise You and be glad on my own, You did it for me. I confessed. You delivered. Now that’s something I can truly rejoice and be glad in! Thank You Father. Thank You for changing my mindset right here before my very eyes!

Thank You. I love You. And for just right now, because of Your love for me and this ‘extra’ day You have provided each of us, I WILL be glad! Thank You!

Help me love You well this day. It’s in Your Son’s most Holy name I pray, Amen.

(396 words ~ 9:19 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment