Tuesday, March 6, 2012

mature, authentic love

Monday, March 5, 2012 (7:43 a.m.)

Amazing, Astounding, Incredibly Awesome God,

Thank You. Thank You that I get to come to You with every single aspect of my being just as it is. You don’t want only the cleaned up, censored version of all I am. No. You are willing to take the imperfections along with all that I try to be.

I read the words “mature, authentic love” just moments ago and it wasn’t until I started this to You just now that I realized that that is YOU! You are mature, authentic love in its base, most pure form.

Father God, this is not something I can ever hope to manufacture on my own. Yesterday when I spoke of my desire to love as You would have me love, I thought of the word ‘authentic’ but used the word ‘real’ instead. Today I look to You, asking that You would make my love for You, others and myself mature. Authentic. Genuine. True. As far from fake as the east is from the west.

Do in, through and for me all the things I am not able to do myself. I love You Most Blessed Lord. I need You. I trust You. And I thank You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment