Saturday, March 17, 2012

exclamation

Saturday, March 17, 2012 (7:37 a.m.)

Gasp. Appreciate. Gasp again. Exclaim.

Such beauty. Wide-eyed wonder. Sheer enjoyment. These are just a few of my first thoughts on this most gloriously beautiful morning.

Blessed Father, Son and Spirit, thank You! Thank You for such amazing beauty. There’s clarity and depth. The mountains that are several miles away look as though I could reach out and touch them. There’s enough break in the storm clouds to see streams of sunlight resembling “the fingers of God”.

(9:44 a.m.)

The sprinkles have started and the praise continues. Thank You Blessed One. Thank You for Your Word. Thank You for friendships. Thank You for joy. And problems.

Thank You for the one verse in all the versions I searched that mentions ‘exclamation’. Paul is writing to the Philippian believers who helped support his ministry. It helps remind me of the various calls to joy that are found in this letter.

Right under The Message Bible’s promise of “A Love That Will Grow” is verse three in the first chapter of Philippians. “Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart.”

Wouldn’t I love for every single one of my exclamations to be a trigger for thankful prayer to You Most High? Won’t You work on that in me? I love You so very much. And I thank You for this time together to explore the joy found in an exclamation of awe and wonder.

Thank You Father. Thank You Son. Thank You Holy Spirit. Amen.

(274 words ~ 1:52 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment