Friday, March 2, 2012

♫Song in My Heart♫

Friday, March 2, 2012 (7:30 a.m.)

Incredibly Awesome Father God,

Thank You! I wasn’t even fully awake when I realized there was a song in my head.

(8:11 a.m.)

And for over a half hour I’ve been unsuccessfully searching for the song we sing in church Song in My Heart What’s up with this Dad? I thought for sure it was going to be such an easy find. A real ‘no-brainer’ if You will. NOT!

Thank You Father for reminding me that things aren’t always going to be what they appear. If there is one thing I’m learning from this walk with You, it’s the fact that YOU are in charge and I need to not get ahead of myself.

So whether I’m singing songs of rejoicing or finding strength in You, it’s all about You, Jesus. And see? Even that is another song!

So rather than spend a whole lot more time searching and not finding the lyrics I’m scrambling together in my mind, I’m going to go instead with the words of Psalm 100 from The Message.

A Thanksgiving Psalm On your feet now – applaud God! Bring a gift of laughter, sing yourselves into His presence. Know this: GOD is God, and God, GOD. He made us; we didn’t make Him. We’re His people, His well-tended sheep. Enter with the password: ‘Thank You!’ Make yourselves at home, talking praise. Thank Him. Worship Him.”

Mm. Yes! Thank You! Worship You. Praise You. Just like I was doing before even being fully awake.

Thank You Lord. I love You. Help me love You well this day. Amen.

(269 words ~ 8:36 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment