Wednesday, March 28, 2012

♫ Glorious ♫

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 (9:51 a.m.)

Glorious God,

It’s the third day in a row that I’ve woken to the same song. Thank You for the uninterrupted time to bring it here to You right now.

It took more time and searches than I had anticipated, but in all of ten minutes I have the words right here in front of me. I remember taking communion to the strains of it on Sunday. And I sit here in satisfied wonder now.

Leaving the house before seven this morning I looked at the clarity of the air surrounding us and again began singing Glorious glorious Lord, You are glorious And it’s so true. Lord, You ARE glorious!

There are reminders of Your glory all around us. Shapes. Colors. Beauty. Majesty. Snow covered mountains. Spring flowers. Bright blue skies. Truly glorious!

As we move ever closer toward Passion Week, this worship song takes on even more meaning. Look inside the mystery, See the empty cross, See the risen Savior, Victorious and strong, No one else above Him, None as strong to save, He alone has conquered, The power of the grave

How blessed are we to have You make such a spectacularly generous sacrifice. Glorious my eyes have seen, The glory of the Lord. Glorious He stands above, The rulers of the earth I sing these words and I am awed [not odd J ] by Your gift of eternal life.

Look beyond the tombstone, See the living God, See the resurrected, Ruler of my heart It’s only been these past several years that I am coming to realize how infinitely glorious You are! The One and Only, TRUE Ruler of my heart!

No one else above, None to match His worth, The hope of His returning, Fills the universe Hope of Your return. What a glorious thought.

Glorious glorious Lord, You are glorious Thank You for the blessings that come upon this realization. Oh oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh You are glorious Thank You for all You are. All You came to do. I love You. Oh oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh You are gloriousThank You. Amen.

(346 words ~ 10:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment