Friday, March 30, 2012

Again Lord

Friday, March 30, 2012 (7:55 a.m.)

Again Lord,

Again I woke up singing Glorious Again I followed the tune to finding the lyrics. But this time I took the word ‘glorious’ to Your Word and found hundreds of verses that include it.

I’m stopping right here in Exodus 15. Under the subtitle Songs to the Lord, I read the words of a song that Moses and the people of Israel sang to You after passing safely through the Red Sea. I read this section. Then I read about this section. And I am never ceased to be amazed at how much I resemble ‘the reaction of Israel’.

The Illustrated Bible Handbook tells how the theme of Your people “is repeated over and over in the next four chapters. Although God acts to provide for His people, in each emergency they grow less grateful and more rebellious.”

They were right there. They SAW Your miracles! And yet they griped. Complained. Demanded.

Thank You Father for Your patience with Your people of old. As well as Your people now. How much we resemble singing and rejoicing one minute only to become fretful and faithless the next.

Thank You that we have these examples of flawed people to look back on. I find myself shaking my head, wondering how they could so easily slip back into reacting to crises as they did before. And then I see myself.

Reading ahead into chapter 16, I glance at the bottom of the page of The Life Recovery Bible. “Again, the Israelites failed to believe that God would meet their needs. They lacked faith in God’s power and still didn’t understand their privileges as God’s people.”

Again Lord, I thank You for not just giving up on them. On us. And right there, I turn back to Your Holy Word and my eyes fall smack on verse six. “Your right hand, O Lord, is glorious in power; It dashes the enemy to pieces.”

Then I move over to the verse (11) that brought me here in the first place. “Who else is like the Lord among the gods? Who is glorious in holiness like Him? Who is so awesome in splendor, A wonder working God?”

You guide us. Protect us. Provide for us. And all too often we turn on You. But because of Your glorious holiness, You forgive us. Cleanse us and call us to begin again. Again Lord, thank You that You are glorious Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(416 words ~ 8:45 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment