Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"But joy comes in the morning."

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 (7:05 a.m.)

Awesome, Incredible, Enjoyable, Wonderful Father God,

Thank You! I get to love You just because You are good and grand and wonderful and all the other positive adjectives in the world. Because You are all these things I was able to sleep last night.

I went to bed with my head spinning. I remembered times throughout the years that I thought of potential disasters all night long. Last night, right when I caught myself going down a long, lonesome road of things that might [or might NOT J] ever happen the words “But joy comes in the morning” came to mind and I was settled.

Right then and there. Exactly as I was. Without a single change to any circumstance. I simply remembered Your Truth, trusted You and slept. Soundly. Restfully. Peacefully. Renewably.

Thank You Jesus that You came to give us life, “to the full” (John 10:10). As I awoke this morning thinking of another glimpse of gladness that You provided me yesterday, I was truly grateful and excited for the opportunity to come be here with You this morning. Just You and me with Your Word. Thank You for this gift that I so very often take for granted.

It was the very last section of Psalm 30:5 in the New King James Version that put me so soundly to sleep last night. Reading the entire verse in the Easy-to-Read Version just now, I have even more reason to smile. “His anger lasts for a little while, but then His kindness brings life. The night may be filled with tears, but in the morning we can sing for joy!”

And that is precisely my plan. To sing for joy for the abundant life You came to bring to each of us. Thank You Father for Your plan. Thank You Jesus for Your sacrifice. Thank Holy Spirit for Your continued presence and comfort.

Thank You that Your joy truly does come in the morning and that I am in a place to believe, appreciate and be glad in it. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(348 words ~ 7:43 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment