Friday, March 9, 2012

Philippians 4:4-9

Friday, March 9, 2012 (7:57 a.m.)

Amazingly, Incredible, Wonderful Father God,

You are so good. So kind. So very attentive to our every need. You are slow to anger and quick to forgive. Truly Father, I want to be like You!

You reminded me again of the importance of ‘being anxious for nothing’. Through the years I’ve quoted Philippians 4:6 from The Living Bible paraphrase of Your Word. “Don’t worry about anything; instead pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don’t forget to thank Him for His answers.”

What a truly perfect concept Father! Not to worry. Pray instead. Tell God what is needed. Thank Him for His answers. Simple. Concise. True. Hmm. Heaven!

Father, You never cease to expand my mind! It seems that every single time I open Your Word to one verse, several more rush off Its pages to be paid attention to.

Where I had originally come here to explore this one verse in several different versions, it seems now that I am looking at several verses in this one account. The Life Recovery Bible. My “go to” version.

Starting up at verse four. “Always be full of joy in the Lord; I say it again, rejoice!” Yes Lord. Make it so in my life!

Verse five, “Let everyone see that you are unselfish and considerate in all you do. Remember the Lord is coming soon.” Ah. Yes Lord God. Please!

We’ve looked at verse six already, but it doesn’t just stand alone. Verse seven picks right up with a promise for it. “If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.” How’s that for learning to relax?

Paul continues speaking wisdom and truth to the people of Philippi. Verse eight, “And now, brothers, as I close this letter, let me say this one more thing: Fix your thoughts on what is true and good and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely, and dwell on the fine, good things in others. Think about all you can praise God for and be glad about.” Oh yes Dearest God! It’s like it’s all brand new to me again. It’s so true. Your recipe for worry-free living!

This section closes with verse nine. “Keep putting into practice all you learned from me and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be with you.” What a promise. Such a reason to hope!

Father God, be with and in every single thing I think, say and do this day. Bring me ever closer to loving You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength and loving my neighbor as myself (Mark12:30-31). I love You so darned much. Empower and enable me to not only love much but well (Philippians 1:9).

You are such an incredibly wonderful God and I am truly grateful to be AGOG with You! Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(509 words ~ 8:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment