Wednesday, March 14, 2012

delightful

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 (6:53 a.m.)

Awesome, Glorious God and Father,

You gave me a delightful day yesterday. Truly delightful! I prayed very simply, asking You to teach me to number my days (Psalm 90:12) and step by step the day progressed delightfully.

Thank You Father. Today is another opportunity for joy. Delight. Gladness. Help me look to You often in this regard.

Right now I am torn between two Psalms. Each contains the word ‘delightful’. 147:1, “Hallelujah! Yes, praise the Lord! How good it is to sing His praises! How delightful, and right!” Amen to this!

Oh but right now in reading the Contemporary English Version of Psalm 16:5-6, I realize this is it for me today! “You, LORD, are all I want! You are my choice, and You keep me safe. You make my life pleasant, [NIV says, ‘delightful’] and my future is bright.”

It is when I look to You that I remember the blessings You hold for us. The Bible Handbook speaks of Psalm 16 thusly, “This beautiful psalm expresses satisfaction with personal relationship to God. God alone is the source of all good (1-4), the One who assigns our place in life (5-6), and the One who guides us by His presence (7-8).”

As I “praise You, LORD, for being my guide. Even in the darkest night, Your teachings fill my mind” (v.7) I ask that “I will always look to You, as You stand beside me and protect me from my fear” (v.8). Have this become my true nature Most Delightful Father God.

Reading again in the NIV, I am delighted to find the first part of verse nine presenting the key word of this Lenten season for me. “Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices.” Ah yes Lord. As You continue teaching me to be glad and rejoice, let me also be ever aware of the delightful ways in which You show Yourself.

I love You so very much and I am truly glad and grateful. Thank You Father. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment