Friday, March 16, 2012

more gladness

Friday, March 16, 2012 (8:12 a.m.)

Oh how I thank and praise You!

Father, Son, Holy Ghost. Yes. All Three In One, thank You. You keep teaching me more about gladness.

Looking again at the two sections of Scripture from yesterday, I am reminded of the many things that went well during the day. Blessed conversations with friends and loved ones. Exercise goals that were met. An overall sense of gladness at nearly every turn. YOU are behind all of this!

The promises of joy that Your Word speaks of keep me coming back again and again. Thank You Father. Thank You Son. Thank You Blessed Holy Spirit.

I heard a phrase yesterday that speaks directly to the core of our home right now. “Let my mess become my message.” MY plan for yesterday was to set my sights on all that needs to be put away and ‘git-r-done’. That didn’t happen! What did take place was so much better.

Lives were shared. Truth was spoken in love. Sadness expressed. And gladness was expected. This is relatively new for me Most Blessed Being. I’m the one who is usually so darned hard on myself. Other people see it [and comment on it freely]. I don’t. I just normally judge myself harshly and move on.

Today I look at the same mess, with the same hope. THIS will be the day that I make progress. And herein is the crux of the matter. Once again I am reminded that we are looking for progress NOT perfection. Thank You God. Thank You Jesus. Thank You Promised Comforter.

As we prepare to begin making progress on this day I look to You and the promises You’ve made in Your Holy Word. Promises of Streams in the Desert (Isaiah 35) and “The Holy Highway” (v.8) where Your people “will go home along that road to Zion, singing the songs of everlasting joy. For them all sorrow and all sighing will be gone forever; only joy and gladness will be there” (v.10).

And why is that? Because of the joy that is promised us in John 16, verse 22. “You have sorrow now, but I will see you again and then you will rejoice; and no one can rob you of that joy.” The Message says it even more simply. “You’ll be sad, very sad, but your sadness will develop into gladness.”

I trust You! I believe You! And that in and of itself results in more gladness. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(341 words ~ 8:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment