Monday, March 19, 2012

And...

Sunday, March 18, 2012 (7:36 a.m.)

Blessed Lord Jesus,

Thank You for coming to save us. We make so many mistakes. Big ones. Little ones. Ones that are hardly noticeable and those that just can’t be missed.

(8:09 a.m.)

I confess to my mind spinning uncontrollably right now. I read one section of Scripture that has me sitting upright and nodding my head vigorously. I begin to get a grasp and then my eyes fall on another section and the process starts again.

Right now what I am sure of is that You, Jesus, are good. “All the time.” I read Your Word. And I am reminded that You ARE the Word.

Monday, March 19, 2012 (5:40 p.m.)

And then I got all side tracked. And just plain dumb! I left here to go to church thinking I’d catch up with You later. We both know how that NEVER works out well.

And then I couldn’t find my joy. I didn’t want to come back here without it. I promised You that I would remember to be glad every day this Lenten Season and today I just couldn’t pull it off. I didn’t want to come here until I could do it without crying, but the truth is maybe that’s exactly when I should be here.

I can’t always be glad on my own! I need You to help me. And even if I am crying, I can still be glad. I don’t have to feel glad to BE it. I AM glad! Glad to have You. Glad to be Yours. Glad to be able to cry and say I love You in the same breath.

So as the tears fall, as my heart chooses faith over fear, I choose to come to You Just as I am Without one plea But that Your blood was shed for me Jesus thank You for every single thing You have done to bring us to the place that all we have to do is love You and want You and trust You. You are so incredibly good. And for that alone, I am glad! Thank You Jesus. I love You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment