Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"Praise Him"

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 (7:51 a.m.)

Praise You Lord,

“Praise You in the morning, Praise You at the noontime ~ Praise Him, Praise Him. Praise Him as the sun goes down.”

Most Blessed Father God, I confess how far short I fall in praising You as You so rightfully deserve. You provide blessing after blessing to me and yet I whine and complain so much more than I rejoice and praise You.

Thank You Lord that You don’t ever just throw Your hands up in utter frustration with me. Thank You that You are the epitome of love and grace and understanding.

Lord, as I searched Your Word for the word ‘tsunami’ this morning I am excited –agog, if You will - that upon finding none, I switched to “Praise Him” and the first verse listed (Exodus 15:2, referring to the parting of the Red Sea) resembles one in my mind.

Father, there are so many things I don’t understand regarding Your way of doing things in this world. Death, destruction, devastation - these are circumstances with which I have very little personal experience. I confess to You Dearest Lord the number of times I have struggled and squirmed under far less pressing conditions.

Lord, thank You for Your Word. Thank You that I get to turn to it, time and time again, and be reminded and strengthened by those - Your chosen people of Israel - who lived and struggled, rejoiced (Exodus 15:1-21) and almost immediately complained (v.24). Lord, just when I begin to think I am the worst of the worst, I get to read and be encouraged by the fact that I am not the only one of Your children to doubt and fear and become discouraged.

Thank You Lord! Thank You that despite knowing all of our faults, You dearly love us anyway. Such love as this Dear Lord I don’t understand. Oh, but I am grateful!

I read sidebars, commentaries, endnotes and explanations of Your Holy Word, written by others and I am encouraged to believe that I am not alone in my need to be reminded of Your constant love and affection for each of us. Lord, You are so good, so gracious, so perfect and I DO love You so very much.

Thank You for helping me to remember the need I have to Praise You each and every day. Exodus 15:2, “The Lord is my strength, my song, and my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise Him…” Ephesians 3:20, “Now glory be to God, who by His mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of – infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes.”

Lord, You are wonderful and I am grateful. Thank You Lord. Praise You. I love You. Work in me to feel, be, think and do (Mark 12:30) all that You would have of me this day. I love You, Lord. Amen.

(483 words ~ 8:52 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment