Monday, September 7, 2009

amazing

Labor Day Monday, September 7, 2009 (5:31 a.m.)

Most Amazing God,

Thank You! Thank You for Your very distinct presence with me all day long yesterday. Never before can I remember having experienced such automatic perfect peace. Amazing, Lord. Absolutely amazing!

Thank You Jesus. Thank You for this opportunity to have truly encountered blessedness. There I was at nine thirty yesterday morning, driving down the 57 freeway, thinking of the various things that had already upset me. And there You were, right there with me, speaking to my heart. Reminding me, “Blessed are the poor in spirit…” (Matthew 5:3)

“Poor in spirit.” That was me! That’s been me for how long now? And I recognized it. Right there on the freeway. I was poor in spirit. And I was blessed by it. Lord, talk about freedom.

Here I’ve been, all weekend long, reminding myself that “I am free to be me”. Lord, I confess that I’m not exactly sure what that even looks like. But I do believe You gave me a taste of it yesterday. Another Glimpse Of Grace. Your grace! Amazing!

So here we are Lord; just You and me. And I’m getting to remember that glorious “Aha!” moment I had with You in the midst of a car full of people on a freeway surrounded by quickly moving cars.

I didn’t have to do anything different. I didn’t have to work harder to change my attitude. I didn’t have to try to be better. I just got to sit there in the middle of Sunday morning traffic and be blessed because I was poor in spirit.

Thank You God. Thank You Jesus. Thank You Holy Spirit. Thank You for blessing me so much. Especially when I think and feel that I don’t deserve it. “Poor in spirit.” Blessed without even trying. Thank You, Lord. I love You. Amen.

(310 words ~ 6:33 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment