Friday, September 25, 2009

2 Timothy 1:7

Friday, September 25, 2009 (6:02 a.m.)

God of Grace,

“and God of Glory On Thy people pour Thy power…” Oh my goodness God! You are so good!

Waking up (I don’t even know how long ago) quoting 2 Timothy 1:7 and now singing this song of “Renewal and Revival” with it’s attached verse from Joshua (1:9 - “Do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you”). Mm, Lord. Thank You for having my back. On Your terms!

Yesterday You spoke to my heart about renewal and the day before that we touched together on Your Holy Spirit having been breathed into us. And this morning, just by turning to “God of Grace and God of Glory” in The Hymnal, I get to sing about them both again. “God of Grace…” on one page and “O Breath of Life” on the other. Thank You God.

Lord, thank You! You who “did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind.” Thank You Lord that You are as close as our hearts and all we have to do is open them to You and invite You in (Revelation 3:20). Mm, Lord. Thank You.

Lord, thank You that even though I have lived the bulk of my life doing ‘the right things for the wrong reasons’ (out of fear or obligation) You are so much bigger and better than the little box I try to hold You in.

Lord, I confess to You the number of times I have attempted to secure my place with You by redoubling my efforts to be “_______ (good, helpful, kind, patient…) enough”. Thank You Lord that that is NOT what You want from me!

I am absolutely incapable of raising myself to my own misconceived bar of acceptability. The expectations I have for myself are by no means solely based on Your Word and Your desire for me.

Thank You Lord that again and again I get to come back before You asking simply ‘for knowledge of Your will and the power to carry that out’ (Step 11 of 12). Mm. Thank You God!

Thank You that Paul wrote to Timothy about that very power. In The Living Bible’s paraphrase, we get to read, “For the Holy Spirit, God’s gift, does not want you to be afraid of people, but to be wise and strong, and to love them and enjoy being with them.” Mm, Lord. Let me live this passage today. Wise, strong. And guided by YOUR Spirit of love!

Oh Blessed Lord, I love You so much. Work in me that I would do it better and by Your terms and design! “O Breath of Life, come sweeping through us…” Mm. Amen.

(451 words ~ 8:53 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment