Sunday, September 27, 2009

truth

Sunday, September 27, 2009 (7:21 a.m.)

Profuse, Luxuriant, Lush, Plentiful, Abundant God,

Can You tell? I don’t know how to describe You this morning. ‘Good’ immediately comes to mind, as does a list of the usual descriptions. Today seemed different somehow. There needed to be more thought behind it.

And here we are, again, in Isaiah! Chapter 28, verse 16 describes You as ‘a firm, tested, precious Cornerstone that is safe to build on.’ Yes! I agree with that. Chapter 30:11 calls You the ‘Holy One of Israel’.

Father God, Blessed Son, the more I read the more I become aware of just how very much I don’t know. Thank You for the opportunity (and the desire) to learn more.

Reading again in these chapters I see “The Tragedy of Misplaced Trust”, “The Futility of Trusting Egypt” (instead of You!) and “A Promise of Peace”.

Lord, I confess to wanting what I want and wanting it NOW (if not sooner). Thank You that You are kind and patient and understanding of my shortcomings. Keep working in me that I will come to know and trust You ever more readily and completely.

Oh most Holy God and King, thank You for the ability to say I don’t understand. I read that You ‘will bind up the wounds’ You inflict. And that “Grace, not judgment is nearest God’s heart!” These truths give me hope. Followed almost at the very same time with wonder. And sadly, more often than I wish it were true – doubt, confusion and uncertainty. Oh, but look Lord. That’s the word from yesterday for which I thanked You. Oh thank You Lord for truth!

Mm, yes, Lord. Truth. Your truth! Firm, tested, precious Cornerstone; Holy One of Israel; lead, guide and direct me in Your truth this day. May I lean, depend upon and share it with others to the very best of the ability that You and You alone will provide me. I love You so much Lord. And I long to share Your truth with others accurately, lovingly, profusely, luxuriantly, lushly… EXACTLY as You would have me. In Your will and in Your way only.

Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(366 words ~ 8:43 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment