Tuesday, September 8, 2009

hope

Tuesday, September 8, 2009 (5:38 a.m.)

Most Glorious and Gracious God,

“His Adoration and Praise”. That’s the title under which I immediately found “Fairest Lord Jesus” in the hymnal this morning. “Jesus Our Savior - His Adoration and Praise”. Mm.

Lord, I come to You feeling especially empty this morning. No “Praise God” or “Attaboy” appear anywhere near. But I search Your Word and a soft smile of contentment crosses my face while hope once again begins filling my heart and my soul.

Lord, thank You that I get to be honest with You. Thank You that I can look up verses that contain the words ‘empty’ and ‘fairest’ though once again it is Lamentation 3:21-22 that helps me smile. “Yet there is one ray of hope: His compassion never ends.” Mm Lord, I come before You this morning wanting desperately to want to adore and praise You.

That’s what we are created to do. Oh but I don’t find it easy or automatic Lord. I used to. Was I only kidding myself? Was it true worship I used to bring to You? Or is this what is more real? I confess to You most Holy God, I honestly don’t know. But my prayer is that You will take my heart, my soul, my mind, my strength and work them all into loving You as Jesus commanded (Mark 12:30).

I love You so much already Dear Lord. But that is only with my own feeble understanding of what true love really is. Every day You have been working in me, showing me more. I seem to constantly be in a phase of wonderment, wondering just what is coming next. I used to fear it. Now I believe I am trusting You just a little quicker. So it is with this sense of wonderment, this hope, this love, this trust that I come before You softly singing, “Oh come let us adore Him… Christ the Lord.”

I love You so much Dear Lord. Use me this day as You see fit. I love You. Amen.

(344 words ~ 7:44 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment