Friday, October 2, 2009

brand new

Thursday, October 1, 2009 (6:05 a.m.)

Beloved Lord,

It’s a brand new month and my thirty-year anniversary of officially being a mom.

(8:37 a.m.)

Justin’s 30th birthday – take two. Lord, I have thoughts of “Where did the time go?” and “What do I do with all the regrets?”

Friday, October 2, 2009 (5:45 a.m.)

Beginning again. This time with the answer to the above questions having come in the form of a song, complete with a scripture to match. “Better is one day in Your courts…” (Psalm 84:10)

(7:12 a.m.)

And yet again! Lord, how I pray right now for continuity. I ask You for the stick-to-itiveness it will take for me to stay here with You.

Yes Lord. Better is one day in Your courts Better is one day in Your house Better is one day in Your courts Than thousands elsewhere…

Oh Lord. I look to Your Word. It’s so easy for me to get lost in my own thoughts of mistakes I’ve made. Thank You that I don’t have to stay there. Thank You that Your Word teaches me, ‘whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, or praiseworthy – think about such things’ (Philippians 4:8).

Lord, You are so good. Thank You Lord for a husband that knows his wife so well as to be extremely kind and sensitive to her ‘fragile state’ yesterday. Thank You for his PERFECT idea of sharing our break time together on the patio toasting our son with prayer and a bottle of champagne.

Thank You Lord for the tears that were shed frequently throughout the day as one memory after another popped their way through our consciousness.

Lord, thank You for the hope You provide us. I get to read Your Psalms and gain strength and courage and be reminded to “sing of the mercies of the Lord forever” (Psalm 89:1) and that “For You, a thousand years are as yesterday! They are like a few hours!” (Psalm 90:4).

Thank You Most Holy God! Thank You again and again for the truth of Your Word. Thank You that all my doubts and fears, all my regrets and remorse are lifted every time I dig deep within the hopeful pages of Your sacred writings.

Lord, I can’t hope to know what You are doing with my life. Thank You for my willingness to believe “that all that happens to us is working for our good if we love God and are fitting into His plans” (Romans 8:28).

Because I trust You I get to ‘Be still and know that You are God’ (Psalm 46:10). I don’t know how that translates into what comes next for me, but I do know that You are good and ‘worthy to be praised’ (2Samuel 22:4). Thank You Lord that even that trust of You comes directly from You!

Scripture after scripture, verse after verse, song after song come to mind the longer I stay here connected to You. Thank You Lord! Thank You for keeping me eager and excited – ‘AGOG with You’ once again! J

I love You so much dear Lord. Thank You for the opportunity to again approach life “brand new” (Isaiah 43:19, 48:7; Colossians 3:10). You are good. You are righteous. You are holy. And I am so blessed to be “so loved” (John 3:16) by You.

Thank You Lord. Thank You for Your love, for Your joy, for Your promises and Your truth. I love You so much! Amen.

(582 words ~ 8:22 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment