Sunday, September 20, 2009

blessed

Sunday, September 20, 2009 (5:46 a.m.)

“Blessed Be Your Name”

Mm Lord, “In the land that is plentiful Where Your streams of abundance flow Blessed be Your name”. Mm Lord, thank You! Thank You that I can look at the mess (actual messiness, not just a metaphor) around me and still sing my heart out to You.

Thank You Lord that even as I consider the untidiness of my physical surroundings I am fully aware of the changes You are making in my heart. Lord, thank You! Yes, thank You! Thank You for “Every blessing You pour out (that) I turn back to praise When the darkness closes in Lord, Still I will say ‘Blessed is the name of the Lord Blessed is Your name Blessed is the name of the Lord Blessed is Your glorious name’.”

Mm. Very interesting that the word in the song (and the two Bible verses I found referencing it) is ‘be’ and I just sang ‘is’. Would You want to talk to me here about the difference between those two words right now Lord? Or are they of little significance?

Thank You Lord for not letting me get side tracked on the semantics of interchangeable words. I confess to You Dear Lord how very easily my mind can wander from one thought and purpose to a completely different one. Thank You for keeping me right here with You.

Job 1:21 and Psalm 113:2 both call Your name blessed. It’s in Job where we read about prosperity and loss. The song I woke up singing this morning tells of the same. “When I’m found in the desert place Though I walk through the wilderness Blessed be Your name… Blessed be Your name When the sun’s shining down on me When the world’s ‘all as it should be’ Blessed be Your name Blessed be Your name On the road marked with suffering Though there’s pain in the offering Blessed be Your name… You give and take away You give and take away My heart will choose to say Lord, blessed be Your name”.

Mm, yes Most Holy God! Keep working in my heart that my first reaction to challenges of any kind would be the same as with favorable outcomes, an automatic and heartfelt resounding “Blessed be Your name!”

I love You so much Dear Lord. Continue Your work in my heart I pray. Make me more and more like You. Blessed be Your name! Amen.

(410 words ~ 6:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment