Thursday, September 17, 2009

plans

Thursday, September 17, 2009 (5:52 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

I had big plans for this weekend. Those plans are being readjusted. Most Holy God, I confess ~ I don’t even know which way to take my thought pattern this morning.

At first I thought You would be discussing with me the importance for each of us to “Humble ourselves in the sight of the Lord” so that You would “lift us up higher and higher.” Now I wonder.

Lord. What DO You want me to take away from this time we have together this morning? Let me start with ‘I love You’. I don’t know what the plans are going to end up being today. Often before I have fallen into the trap of thinking so many things had to be taken care of.

Even this week was going to begin that way. I had the preliminary draft of the week sketched out to look extremely ‘doable’. Monday we were going to clean out the shed… ending the week with a fun day at the fair with my mom.

Life experiences kind of got in the way of all my plans, but this time I don’t want to go back to the ‘all or nothing’ way of thinking I used to have. No. This time I want to lean deeper into You. Instead of attempting to double my resolve and push even harder to get things done, or my usual choice in the opposite direction – just giving up. Here I am instead looking to You.

“Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face And the things of earth will grow strangely dim In the light of His glory and grace.” I am going to practice “Be(ing) still and know(ing) that You are God” (Psalm 46:10). Thank You God. Thank You that I get to make this choice.

Thank You that You DO ‘set before us life or death, blessing or curse. Oh, that we would choose life; that we and our children might live!’ (Deuteronomy 30:19)

Lord! I don’t know how to do that! The tears that are forming mean that something is being stirred inside. I don’t know what. But I am willing not to run away and try to busy myself out of the uncomfortable feeling of the unknown.

Today Lord, I give You my plans. They are a jumbled mess. I don’t know the first thing to do to even begin to make sense of them. So rather than fret and stew and give satan another victory, I just come before You, exactly as I am. Absolutely willing to “Trust in the Lord with all my heart And lean not on my own understanding In all my ways I acknowledge You and You will direct my path” (Proverbs 3:5,6).

I trust You Lord. I give You this day (that You have made) that You will make of it what You will, showing me how to ‘rejoice and be glad in it (and be glad in it)’ (Psalm 118:24).

Yes Lord! I bring my preconceived plans to the foot of Your cross and leave them there asking that You would instead guide me and direct me to Your perfect plan for my day. This day, which You have made that I WILL rejoice and be glad in it.

I love You Lord. Thank You for reminding me of the importance of letting go and letting You be God. I love You so much. Thank You for blessing me and keeping me and making Your face to shine upon me (Numbers 6:24,25) all these years. I love You. Amen.

(602 words ~ 7:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment