Sunday, September 13, 2009

manna

Sunday, September 13, 2009 (5:47 a.m.)

Beloved Lord,

Thank You! Yesterday I asked for Your presence here to guide and direct our party preparations. Lord, thank You for all You did to deliver such a calm and relaxed atmosphere.

Jesus, this morning I come again, seeking You. Just You. Lord, I confess that I don’t know the first thing about following You faithfully. I think I show up (most) every morning out of a sense of duty. Sure, there is plenty of desire on my part. But that too is primarily based on what I will ultimately get from You.

I liken my appearance here with You Lord much like the Israelites in the desert. They came each day for the manna. This bread-like substance, miraculously provided by God, did NOT have a long shelf life!

After You fed the five thousand and walked on the water (John 6:1-21) You ‘nailed’ [identified something precisely] the crowd when they found You on the other side of the lake (v. 25). Not being misled by their appearance before You, You let them know, “I tell you the truth, you are looking for me, not because you saw miraculous signs but because you ate the loaves and had your fill. Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On Him God the Father has placed His seal of approval.” (26-27)

Lord, I fall in that category with the crowd! I hate to admit it, but You already know my heart. You know my doubts, the questions and wonderings.

Thank You Lord that You came to give us more than just manna. Verses 57 and 58, “Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever.”

I’d like more of You please Lord. I love You so much. Teach me to love You better. I want to live and appreciate exactly what You provide for me. Keep working in me Lord. Thank You for being the Bread of Life, so much more for us than manna. I love You Lord. Amen.

(391 words ~ 6:55 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment