Tuesday, September 22, 2009

oversee

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 (5:03 a.m.)

Perfect God,

Praise You. Thank You. Bless You. Love You. Need You. Want You. Mm, the list goes on.

Checking the clock for the past hour, not wanting to oversleep. Just in case I’m needed for transportation. Lord, I look to You to oversee all of which I am unable. How perfect it is that I don’t have to be afraid of the unknown. In the Bible Your followers are told repeatedly to “Fear not!” Thank You Lord.

Praise You Lord that I would much rather trust in You than worry about any outcome. You are good and mighty. You are worthy of my hope and faith. You are the author of my life. You are ‘the Shepherd and Overseer of our souls’ (1Peter 2:25).

Because I believe Your Word, I get to come before You unafraid. Trusting. Believing. Secure. Hopeful. Mindful. Overseen. Thank You Lord. Praise You.

Lord God, thank You that I get to look to You. Thank You that You know what You are doing. Thank You that You set the standard by which we are to live. And thank You that when You knew that we couldn’t possibly meet that standard on our own (“For all have sinned; all fall short of God’s glorious standard” Romans 3:23) You sent Jesus to bridge the gap. Thank You Lord.

It’s been another hour Lord. The phone hasn’t rung. My prayer Dear Lord is that You are overseeing my loved ones and that Your will is being done in each of them. Lord, thank You that I get to trust and hope and have faith in You. Oversee this day for Your good and Your glory Dear Lord. I love You. Amen.

(286 words ~ 6:09 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment